Monday, November 2, 2009

Sometimes Art has a Mind of its own.


Today I went to the studio with the intention of working on an envelope presentation. I've been invited to participate in a wedding show and I need to get working on my presentation, deciding colors and such for my booth and table. Lots to do. So off I go to the studio. My mistake was looking at magazines before I went to bed last nite. I drifted off with visions of - no not sugarplums - but paints; like paynes gray and quin nickel azo gold, splashes here and there of titan buff and zinc white dancing in my head. At my table I pick up envelopes, look at pointed nibs and next thing I know, I have a paint brush in my hand. The colors started to dance again - this time on the canvas as I first laid down a layer of gesso. Next came some alchohol inks mixed with medium, some fluid acrylics and tube acrylics as well. Rubber stamps next!


At the end of the day - I am satisfied. I have a piece of paper with molding paste painted with the same colors waiting to see if it stays there. I kind of like the painting alone. We shall see where the journey takes me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you didn't do what you intended, it's still great to see that you made it into the studio and did some art. I also like the painting but would love to see you with a pen in your hand again! haha

    ReplyDelete